FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACTS: Heather Maurer: (202) 862-7857
Ufuoma Otu: (202) 449-9804
Washington, D.C. -- June 15 -- Today, the world's leading authority on guides to the legal profession, Chambers and Partners (Chambers) announced Caplin & Drysdale and several of its attorneys as among the nation's best law firms and lawyers.
The boutique firm had debuted in the prestigious guide last year as a national and local player in Tax with five attorneys recognized for their substantial experience in Tax. This year, Chambers ranked the firm as a leader in two practice areas -- Tax and Bankruptcy -- and named eight of the firm's attorneys within three different practice areas as "Top Lawyers."
"Effective client service is paramount to us. We're greatly humbled that our clients independently rated us very highly in their review with Chambers," said Mortimer Caplin, founder of Caplin & Drysdale.
With a team of 100 full-time researchers, Chambers rankings are annually based on comprehensive, objective research into attorney backgrounds; thousands of extensive confidential interviews with clients; and overall industry perception.
Additionally, Caplin & Drysdale's tax team was nominated to the Shortlists for The Chambers USA Awards for Excellence 2009.
Chambers USA ranked Caplin & Drysdale a top law firm in the following practice areas:
- Band 2 in Tax - District of Columbia
- Band 3 in Bankruptcy/Restructuring - District of Columbia
- Band 3 in Tax: Controversy - National
Attorneys named top lawyers in the U.S. and Washington, D.C., include:
- Cono R. Namoroto – Band 1 in Tax: Fraud - National
- David H. Rosenbloom – Band 2 in Tax: Controversy – National; Band 1 in Tax – District of Columbia
- Trevor Potter – Band 3 in Government: Political Law - National
- Marcus S. Owens – Band 4 in Tax - District of Columbia
- Patricia G. Lewis – Band 4 in Tax - District of Columbia
- Scott D. Michel - Band 4 in Tax - District of Columbia
- Seth Green – Band 4 in Tax - District of Columbia
- Nathan Finch – Band U -Up and Coming in Bankruptcy/Restructuring - District of Columbia
About Caplin & Drysdale
Caplin & Drysdale provides a full range of tax and legal services to companies, organizations, and individuals throughout the United States and around the world. The firm also provides exempt organization counseling, political activity law counseling, complex litigation services, employee benefits counseling, private client services, corporate law counseling, and white collar defense. For more information, visit www.capdale.com.